The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 22nd, 2019, 11:44pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   ip career options in usa
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ip career options in usa  (Read 852 times)
parveeb
ip career options in usa
« on: Sep 17th, 2007, 5:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi
I am working in IP field in india.  And i intent to shift to USA to be with my family.  i want to know how i can enter into IP field in USA.  IS there any firm interested where i can join in epecially in and around pittsburgh. I can be eligbile to write patent bar exam only after 1 year according to US eligibility creteria though i am eligible to do job as i am on L2 visa.  It will be nice if someone can guide me in this regards
thanks
IP Logged
MattB

mbycer   MBycer
Email

Re: ip career options in usa
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 12:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello Parveeb,

What is your current job in India?  What do you expect/want to do here.

I am not sure you need to be a resident to take the patent bar exam, but I believe you will pay much less in fees if you ar not a foreign candidate.

I suggest you perform some internet research on the Pittsburgh area community, legal and in your technical field.  Try to make some contacts and get some advice about that particular market.  Perhaps contact one of the local law schools, Pitt or Carnegie Mellon (engin) and get some advice on where to go to contact someone to give you better advice.

I am not sure this forum will be most helpful to your particular location preference.
IP Logged

Matthew L. Bycer
Registered Patent Attorney
http://www.bycer.com
http://www.cvglaw.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »