The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 22nd, 2020, 6:23am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   patent agent and scientist
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: patent agent and scientist  (Read 2397 times)
pentazole

Re: patent agent and scientist
« Reply #10 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 3:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 16th, 2007, 1:20am, sd wrote:
Consider a situation where  a person (in US) works as a scientist for  company A. Can he work simultaneously as  a Patent agent - not for A, but as an independent contractor? Is it not possible that he may get to read inventions of companies which are competitors of A and the inventions are related to his  field of work?

Exactly as Wiscagent said, which is why I asked for a specific situation.  If you are a scientist, sure you can do work (on your own time) doing patents for others.  Before discussing the invention with a potential client, you ask for a brief background that doesn't necessarily disclose anything about the instant invention, and you decide if there's a conflict of interest.  Something along the lines "I would like to hire you in patent prosecution matters regarding a plastic bottle from which you can drink without your lips touching any plastic" would suffice as background.  If you are working as a polymer engineer in innovative blow molding container design, you most likely shouldn't be representing this client.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007, 3:10pm by pentazole » IP Logged
santel51

Re: patent agent and scientist
« Reply #11 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 3:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hello friends...

i am from india having master degree in science field and also wrking as a patent analyst and drafter in a pharma company....

you can contact me for any patent related work specifically for pharmaceutical field...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »