The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 30th, 2020, 12:20pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Interview Questions -- need help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Interview Questions -- need help  (Read 4702 times)
ABC888
Interview Questions -- need help
« on: May 3rd, 2007, 4:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,

What should I expect from an onsite interview for a technical writer/advisor position at a IP firm?

I had a phone interview with the firm for about a month ago, and now they are inviting me to another onsite interview. Does anyone know what kinds of questions I should expect from an onsite interview? And how I should prepare for it?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.
IP Logged
biopico

Re: Interview Questions -- need help
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2007, 6:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had the following questions:
1. Why are you changing your career?
2. How did you find us?
3. Can you tell me how you see your career in five years?
4. Can you tell me what you can do for us?
5. Have you done any patent prosecution?
6. What technical areas are you familiar with?
7. After they describe the nature of works, are you interested in doing it?
IP Logged

Registered Patent Agent Specializing in All Areas of Biotechnology
patentIP
« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2007, 8:56pm »

ABC888 - I believe it depends on what size the law firm is. I had different questions for different size law firms. Expect to be asked very detailed questions concerning the technical aspects of your job at a large IP firm. A smaller IP firm will not ask as many detailed questions concerning technical aspects, but instead will ask you questions such as "Do you have examining experience", "what type of IP experience do you have", etc. Where is the law firm located and what is the law firms name since region is a big aspect of what kind of IP work the firm does.
IP Logged
patentIP
« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2007, 8:57pm »

ABC888 - I believe it depends on what size the law firm is. I had different questions for different size law firms. Expect to be asked very detailed questions concerning the technical aspects of your job at a large IP firm. A smaller IP firm will not ask as many detailed questions concerning technical aspects, but instead will ask you questions such as "Do you have examining experience", "what type of IP experience do you have", etc. Where is the law firm located and what is the law firms name since region is a big aspect of what kind of IP work the firm does.
IP Logged
ABC888
« Reply #4 on: May 4th, 2007, 8:27am »

Thanks for the help guys. It is a firm located in Houston that has approx. 50 employee. Not sure about the exact number. They have asked me the: why I want to change job, etc questions in the phone interview. So I am not sure what they would ask in the onsite. Do you guys think they might ask me technical questions? Or maybe testing my writing ability?

Thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »