The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2019, 9:56am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   time to draft a complete patent application
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: time to draft a complete patent application  (Read 2853 times)
Don Shutters
Re: time to draft a complete patent application
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 9:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As a draftsman, I charge on a time basis.  I have seen cases where 15 sheets of drawings could have been done on 3.  I have been asked to do complex exploded views with a bare minimum of information or simple block diagrams.  Sometimes the drawings are supplied other times we have to figure them out from rough sketches.  If you want a good job with some thinking behind it, it all takes time.

Don
IP Logged
Don Shutters
« Reply #16 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 9:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As a draftsman, I charge on a time basis.  I have seen cases where 15 sheets of drawings could have been done on 3.  I have been asked to do complex exploded views with a bare minimum of information or simple block diagrams.  Sometimes the drawings are supplied other times we have to figure them out from rough sketches.  If you want a good job with some thinking behind it, it all takes time.

Don
IP Logged
MattB

mbycer   MBycer
Email

« Reply #17 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 10:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi asdfg,

I must caution that this may not be the best way to get into the patent drafting career, with little else.

Working from home leaves you without constant available help and guidance.  I suggest you seek out an experienced practitioner who would be willing to review your work, and give you pointers.  You may have to set aside a nice chunk of what you take home to pay for this guidance...or you may be lucky to find someone who will do it out of the kindness of their heart, as I found once upon a days ago.

Good luck!  It only gets easier.

MattB
IP Logged

Matthew L. Bycer
Registered Patent Attorney
http://www.bycer.com
http://www.cvglaw.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »