The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 8th, 2019, 3:11am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Best book(s) for LSAT
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Best book(s) for LSAT  (Read 1332 times)
want2bepatat

Best book(s) for LSAT
« on: Apr 1st, 2007, 8:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Any recommendations? Thanks.
IP Logged
forest

Re: Best book(s) for LSAT
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 8:55am »

I'd recommend buying something like Princeton Review, just so you can get a feel for the questions, some tips, etc.

Then I'd buy as many past LSATs as possible from LSAC- you can buy older ones in groups of 10, more recent ones singularly. Then, I'd take as many tests as possible (one a night), ALWAYS TIMED. Anyone can answer the LSAT questions... it's only a question of whether you can answer them within the time constraints. The more you take the tests timed, the better you'll get...

After each test, go thru your wrong answers and figure out what you did wrong.
IP Logged

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." ~Albert Einstein
vivienleigh

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 9:14am »

I recommend the Powerscore books.  I studied on my own using the Games and Logical Reasoning Bibles (I bought them from the Powerscore website) and Master The LSAT and Preptests that I bought off of Amazon.  I was able to raise my score 12 points from the first practice test I took before any studying to the real thing, so those books worked for me!  Good luck!
IP Logged
Jeezy
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16th, 2007, 1:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Powerscore is the holy grail for the logical reasoning section.  Not fond of it for the games section. I think the games section  is a gimme and that the prep books make it overcomplicated.
IP Logged
JAYC
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16th, 2007, 2:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yeah, don't waste your time with Kraplan or Princeton Review.  Stick to powerscore or testmasters(www.testmasters180.com).  If you can take the full testmasters course, I HIGHLY recommend it over kraplan or P Review.  If not, try to get into one of testmasters weekend study courses, even those are better than the full kraplan P review courses, in my opinion.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »