The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 30th, 2020, 12:15pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent application file folder
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent application file folder  (Read 2441 times)
Gauge
Patent application file folder
« on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 8:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What do you use to organize the patent applications that you are prosecuting?  I am looking for the best type of file folder/ organization system to use with patent applications.  A way to efficiently organize the initial application, office actions, response to office actions, etc.  The only thing I have found is a tri fold folder  (I can't post a link but if you go to beaglelegal dot com and type "patent" into the search field it will come up).  Does anyone have any suggestions?  
IP Logged
Jonathan

Re: Patent application file folder
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 8:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My office uses bi-fold folders with a 2 inch expandable spine and 2 page fasteners in the file. They work nicely for us. We keep an application and all related PTO mail and filings one side as it piles up on top of the application and client correspondence on the left. We don't place too much client correspondence in our files so the file tends not to get overly thick. (It wasn't my decision to be sparse in maintaining those records.).

The brand we use is listed here (LEGAL SIZE - GUIDE HEIGHT 14-3/4" W x 10" H Overall, 9-1/2" H Body) at the bottom of the page:

http://www.smead.com/Director.asp?NodeID=177

« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2007, 8:43am by Jonathan » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »