The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 7th, 2019, 2:27pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   PharmD/JD
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: PharmD/JD  (Read 9147 times)
Shawn
Re: PharmD/JD
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 9:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Actually a PharmD is 4 years (hence, Doctor of Pharmacy).  This does not include the preprofessional years.  I also plan to attend law school following pharmacy school.
IP Logged
2L
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:56pm »

Actually having a pharmd helps slightly i believe to get into law school.  This is only because law admissions deans look to have a diverse class and people with science background are more rare in law school (although more and more are attending)

I finished my pharmd in 2005 and am now in my second year at a top 10 law school.  

pharmds do not have to deal with IP issues, although they certainly can.  The opportunities are present to work in health care law and FDA law as well.  All of those specialties will allow you to combine both of your degrees.

That being said...go to the best school you can go to!  It does not matter if one school has a stronger focus on a certain area of law.  You can practice any type of law when you graduate law school.  There are no specialties or concentrations in law school.  The truth is that law school gives you a background on the law and fundamental skills that will allow you to learn any substantive area of law.  So go to the best school you get into because the reputation of your school makes a difference during your job hunt.
IP Logged
2L
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:59pm »

please email at the new address linked by the envelope on the left, with any questions
IP Logged
alan
« Reply #8 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 12:34pm »

The University of Michigan is a top 5 Law and PHarmacy school.  also the University of California is too, the pharmacy school being UC-San Francisco
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »