The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 25th, 2019, 8:26pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (future?)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (future?)  (Read 2921 times)
santel51

Re: Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (futu
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 11:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi dear here is the same case

i m M.pharm in P`ceutics and 1 year experience as a Patent Analyst in a Pharma Research company in India..

I gave Patent Agent exam and result is awaiting...

I am also in confusion with the career in IP or FnDHuh
IP Logged
sandra hass
« Reply #6 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 5:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Amrish

It's a common problem which a person like you having a sound background in the field of pharmaceutics and law, face at this stage.

What i suggest, you shld continue working in the law Firm, as soon Indan will be seeing an exponenetial increase in the rate of filing of ligation and opposition cases in the filed of Pharma and other technical fileds by big giants of the likes Pfizer, Glaxo, LG, Novartis etc. as these big names are spending huge amount in their R&D sector and want to secure their technolgy being infringed by others.

At this stage, your expertise in the field of law will be highly advantgaeous for your carrer growth.  

IP Logged
ramp
« Reply #7 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 7:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am not able to reconcile why IP professionals from India look out for opportunities in the US. As you would find from the different posts here, the IP job market in the US is already too competitive and your education from a foreign country will definitely put you at a disadvantage in finding a job here. You would be better off in your current jobs. Regarding switching your career, a little introspection would help you to take a decision on your own. Choose the career that best suits your skills and interest.  

If your intention is just to land in the US with a job, better learn software programming or become a nurse. If IP practice is your passion, I would sincerely advice you to check out your ability to communicate well in English language. Not intended to hurt anyone, just a thought after reading some of the posts here.
IP Logged
still_studying

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 3:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 7th, 2007, 5:28am, sandra hass wrote:
What i suggest, you shld continue working in the law Firm, as soon Indan will be seeing an exponenetial increase in the rate of filing of ligation and opposition cases in the filed of Pharma and other technical fileds by big giants of the likes Pfizer, Glaxo, LG, Novartis etc. as these big names are spending huge amount in their R&D sector and want to secure their technolgy being infringed by others.

Unless India has changed their drug patent laws to cover compounds and not just processes, I don't see why the pharmas would be increasing their filings there.  The pharmas already patent globally in every worthwhile market, and India's drug patent protection was extraordinarily weak the last I heard.  Has there been a change?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »