The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 30th, 2020, 3:51am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   need data on salary-patent agent chem Ph.D
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: need data on salary-patent agent chem Ph.D  (Read 1893 times)
chemist001

need data on salary-patent agent chem Ph.D
« on: Aug 24th, 2006, 1:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello:
I am Ph.D in org chem and after several years of postdoc and industrial work, have been working at a pharmaceutical company in the bay area as a patent agent for the last 2.5 yrs. While I have been very successful at   my work and my boss and upper management is very appreciative of my contributions.

I had a chat with my boss regarding salary and he agrees that I should be paid more than what I currently make. However he thinks he needs info to help him speak to other folks at management.  

1. Do patent agents with Ph.Ds make more than those with an undergrad or masters? I know it's got to be so, but I have no proof. Any deas as to how i can get that? Also anyone reading this message has info at their company/law firm?

2. Do patent agents with Ph.D and 2.5 yrs exp make in the range of 115K to 120K (California)?

3. Is there anyone in this forum who like me moved within the same company from a scientist position to IP? If so, are they making what they would have made as a scientist now?

4. Let's say I have 4 yrs as patet agent before i get a job as an attorney (am in law school part time now). Would employers consider those years as experience? again, I think they would but need you guys to agree/disagree.  

5. what is the starting salary for a fresh attorney with 4 yrs of prosecution experience as an agent who has Ph.D+post doc+industrial experience?

6. All this in for biotech/pharma, but any info would be useful.

thanks in advance. I'll let you know of the outcomes. The ball is in my court and I need to show  some data to get the salary I think I deserve.

SG
IP Logged
chemichael

Re: need data on salary-patent agent chem Ph.D
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 1:25pm »

e-mail me offline at chemichael@yahoo.com and I can provide you with some information.
IP Logged
chemist001

chemichael-please see
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 4:38pm »

Hi chemichael:
I sent you a note but it bounced back. could you please see if the address is correct?  

Also my address is raosang at hotmail dot com

Thanks
IP Logged
Wiscagent

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25th, 2006, 9:37am »

Chemist101 -  

Are you a member of the American Chemical Society?  The ACS has a salary calculator.  It's based on their annual salary survey and provides customized mean and salary ranges depending on your degrees, experience, geography, and type of work.

If you're not a member of the ACS, join now.

Richard Tanzer
IP Logged

Richard Tanzer
Patent Agent
chemichael

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25th, 2006, 11:45am »

Sorry,

chemichael@rocketmail.com
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print