The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 30th, 2020, 4:20am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Canada patent agent
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Canada patent agent  (Read 1344 times)
PRCPatent

Canada patent agent
« on: Jul 28th, 2006, 3:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I come from China, and want to immigrate to Canada. In China, I am working at patent agency to write documents. I have leather engineering bachelor's degree. I like this work,and want to continue to do the same job when I go to Canada. Must I go to Canada university to get a chemical degree for 3-4 years because they don't admit my Chinese degree? Do you think my choice to be a registed Canada patent agent is wise? Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Jonathan

Re: Canada patent agent
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2006, 4:21pm »

I don't know the answers to your questions but I am curious about your background if you don't mind expanding on it.

What is leather engineering?  

I have never heard of such a degree so that is why I ask.
IP Logged
PRCPatent

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2006, 6:25pm »

Thanks for your reply.Leather engineering, means how to tan anmimal skins to be leather products,such as leather for shoes,cloth and etc.  

As for me, I am not acutually do the above work. In fact, I worked as a chemical engineer in a oil company for about 6 years, after that, I began to do patent agent work because I passed China lawyer test and became a lawyer. Two years later, I passed China paten agent test and become a registed patent agent. from 1999 to present, I am a patent lawyer.

Thanks again.
IP Logged
gforrest

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 3:18pm »

Look at the IPIC at www . ipic . ca (it won't let me post the URL because I'm too new here). You will have to work in Canada for at least 12 months in the area until you are eligible to write the exams.
IP Logged
PRCPatent

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20th, 2006, 10:45pm »

Thanks a lot. In fact, I have already logged onto this website and have known what they need.

But I can not find the answer of the question: whether it is easy to find a firm to practise for 12 month if you have not a local educational background?  And are there some potential requirements in Canada patent agent market?

I work hard to look for more relevant information, I think, the more I prepare, the easier I live in Canada.

Thanks for answering.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »