The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2020, 5:55am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Job Market in Michigan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Job Market in Michigan  (Read 718 times)
Drew83

Job Market in Michigan
« on: Jun 14th, 2006, 5:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone have an idea of what the job market for patent attorney's is for the metro-Detroit area?  Any projections 3-4 years from now, lol?

It seems that patent law is beginning to get saturated, like the other fields in law (i.e. corporate law).  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
IP Logged
markushgroup
Re: Job Market in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20th, 2006, 12:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't know about you but you may be looking in the wrong area of "The hand." Look out west towards Grand Rapids! Apparently "Amway City" is doing very well in that arena. I was told by someone in a patent law class that a lawyer in the middle of the room stood up and asked if there was anyone with a PTO license who could prosecute patents!  

IP Logged
LF

Re: Job Market in Michigan
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25th, 2006, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yep, hard to imagine that it gets "saturated". I think you're going to be seeing the "downsizing" in automotive. Bad news is that the "Big brother" jobs are gone, but it also means a lot of the smaller startups that will come out of it will need IP help.

This happened to friends of mine in the Long Island area when Grumman closed (~15 years ago), over time, there have been a lot of smaller tech companies coming out of the area (I record my TV on a board from Hauppage in the area). It is painful as it happens, though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »