The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 30th, 2020, 3:29am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   have advice on patent bar/PRG?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: have advice on patent bar/PRG?  (Read 816 times)
buddingpatlaw

have advice on patent bar/PRG?
« on: Jun 13th, 2006, 6:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just got used PRG books (without the video or classes) for studying Pat Bar.  As it is, I'm just going through the chapters then questions as per the instructions.  Every so often, I write notes.  I was wondering if anyone else who has used the material, to what detail I should study/memorize the chapter v. knowing them generally and just knowing where to look for the answers.  It's a bit overwhelming right now, and just wondering if anyone had any advice at all or could share how they studied this material.  Thanks for your help. Huh
IP Logged
bond007

Re: have advice on patent bar/PRG?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14th, 2006, 2:04pm »

Hi,

i just received new study material for PRG, bought it brand new for 2690$.  I have started to study for it.
If you wanna talk more about it, u can email me at:

manusawhney21@yahoo.com

and maybe form a study group.

Thanks,

Manu
IP Logged
TataBoxInhibitor

« Reply #2 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 9:49pm »

Go over it once or twice, things will sink in a bit, but the most important thing is to know where in the MPEP the most tested subjects are. You can find the most tested subjects from the previous exams.  I studied chapter numbers.   Made it pretty easy to find.
IP Logged
axh
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28th, 2006, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I would recommend buying the $30 CD from Paul Natof (it's available on E-Bay). He took a dozen old exams that were in the public domain, added on the most recent version of the MPEP (in Adobe format) and his own outline ...

This is the only study resource I used (besides independent reading of the MPEP). I spent about 200 hours studying like Paul recommends, and passed first try.
IP Logged
Wolfcastle

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28th, 2006, 4:22pm »

Here's a link to the older patent exams if you want them. I'd suggest being a bit leary of the exams before 2000 since several of the answers that were correct when the tests were given are not correct in 2006.

http://www.legaled.com/patentbarexam.htm
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »