The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 1st, 2020, 1:03am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   master of intectual property for non-law scientist
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: master of intectual property for non-law scientist  (Read 4308 times)
Anon
Re: master of intectual property for non-law scien
« Reply #15 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 5:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If money is not an object, have a look at the LLM program offered through MIPLC in Munich...
http://www.miplc.de/index.htm

Note that, unlike LLM programs offered in the US, holding a JD is not a prerequisite for admission to this program....
http://www.miplc.de/admissions.htm

But I still stand by my earlier comments:  If you are serious about practicing IP law, bite the bullet and start your JD as soon as you can.  I only wish I had done so long ago.
IP Logged
Eliz

« Reply #16 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 5:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just an FYI...In the classes I took--all upper level law school classes with JD and LLM students--I did not find myself to be at a disadvantage at all.  I was worried that I would be at a disadvantage because I hadn't had any of the first year law classes, but it turned out not to be an issue.  There were a few times I had to look up legal terms or ask the prof a question that I might not have needed to ask had I had the background of a JD or LLM student, but in general, it was not a problem.  I did very well in my classes, which I think was mostly attributable to the fact that I had already been through a Ph.D. program.   There are plenty of reasons why someone with Jinyu's background might not want to pursue a masters degree, but I would be suprised if someone of his/her background could not handle the classes.
IP Logged
Jonathan

« Reply #17 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 11:33am »

New master degree program specifically designed for patent agents:

http://www.webster.edu/gradcatalog/patent_agency.html
IP Logged
Eliz

« Reply #18 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 12:45pm »

I heard an ad for the webster program on the radio the other day and had meant to look at it online, but forgot until I saw your post just now.  Interesting, but I am wondering how useful it would be given that Webster is not a very well known school (at least not nationally) and does not have a law school...i.e. to be blunt, I wonder what the quality of teaching is, and even if it is excellent, I am wondering how law firms would view the program.  It would be interesting to see who is teaching the courses, but that info does not seem to be on the website (at least not yet).
IP Logged
susan Qi
« Reply #19 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 1:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

How can you get admitted into LLM without any law degree?
This is the addmission requirement for Wash U LLM:
"Students must either have graduated from an accredited U.S. law school or have an undergraduate law degree or its equivalent from a foreign institution of higher education. "

Thanks in advance for answering.

Susan
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »