The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2019, 2:02am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   BS in Aerospace be good fit in with a JD??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: BS in Aerospace be good fit in with a JD??  (Read 1685 times)
Sergio Lara
BS in Aerospace be good fit in with a JD??
« on: May 7th, 2005, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thank you in advance...and let me cut to the chase of my current situation:>

I hold and Aerospace degre from a top 10 university and am contemplating going to law school with interest in Patent law.  I have worked for NASA before for 5 years and slowly, while at NASA, migrated over into the Information Technology arena.  My total work experience since graduating is now 8 years combined in Space and IT.  I have been reading that those who posses degrees in the EE and CS have better chances with JD/patent law than any other degrees..

Let's say I get my JD and Patent #, what am I to expect as far as:

1) Marketability
2) Salary

Another question is would a firm hire an Aerospace/Patent agent so that in the mean time I can complete a JD at night?  And what kind of salary can I expect?  I can't afford to just go to school full-time.  Again, thanks in advance.

Sergio.
IP Logged
checo

Re: BS in Aerospace be good fit in with a JD??
« Reply #1 on: May 31st, 2005, 8:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone know how to answer this?  It has been here for a while...

Did I ask it wrong?  What gives people??

on May 7th, 2005, 8:32pm, Sergio Lara wrote:
Thank you in advance...and let me cut to the chase of my current situation:>

I hold and Aerospace degre from a top 10 university and am contemplating going to law school with interest in Patent law.  I have worked for NASA before for 5 years and slowly, while at NASA, migrated over into the Information Technology arena.  My total work experience since graduating is now 8 years combined in Space and IT.  I have been reading that those who posses degrees in the EE and CS have better chances with JD/patent law than any other degrees..

Let's say I get my JD and Patent #, what am I to expect as far as:

1) Marketability
2) Salary

Another question is would a firm hire an Aerospace/Patent agent so that in the mean time I can complete a JD at night?  And what kind of salary can I expect?  I can't afford to just go to school full-time.  Again, thanks in advance.

Sergio.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »