The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2019, 6:21am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Franklin Pierce vs. top law schools
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Franklin Pierce vs. top law schools  (Read 2480 times)
mccoykn

Email

Franklin Pierce vs. top law schools
« on: Jan 5th, 2008, 3:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What are your guys opinions on job prospects after graduating with several ip classes from franklin pierce vs. going to tougher law school. Right now I have a GPA of 3.9 (BSME) and a LSAT of 154 fresh without any preparation. Should I spend the countless hours increasing my LSAT to get into a top school or would I be better off attending Pierce? I wanted to go to school in the new york / boston area. Thanks for your help.  

IP Logged
ray.nyls
Re: Franklin Pierce vs. top law schools
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2008, 8:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

school reputation matters generally: ie. if you're in ny (where I am), and graduate from columbia, nyu, or even fordham - much higher chances of landing a job then let's say a second tier school....GENERALLY!!! the reason i say that - your law school experience plays into it too, ie. worth checking out who is teaching or doing projects in IP at a school... you will probably get much farther being at a second tier school but acquainted with/doing research for someone who's pretty involved in the field, as opposed to going to a top tier school and not having that opportunity... that's just my opinion: worth checking out the programs, classes, affiliations, and faculty at the particular school, and not relying too much on the ranking
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »