The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 15th, 2019, 8:48pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   questions about limited recognition
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: questions about limited recognition  (Read 1537 times)
Feng

questions about limited recognition
« on: Dec 12th, 2007, 5:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

I, a foreign national, passed the patent bar exam on Oct. 18. I received the notice of results in one week. It says that "in the absence of lack of good moral character and reputation, the OED will give your application final approval and you will be granted limited recognition". It says nothing about data sheet, or fee, or oath. My name was posted until Dec. 7.  

1. How soon in general will I be issued a limited recognition number? what should I do to get the number?

2. What is the difference between the limited recognition number and registration number?

3. In my resume, how should I describe my situation? Can I seek for a position of patent agent?

Any response will be appreciated!
IP Logged
azurelan

Re: questions about limited recognition
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 12:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

please reply me at wangfloria at yahoo.com
IP Logged
asdf
Re: questions about limited recognition
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 6:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

(Separate question, but rather than start a new one, I thought I'd add it into this topic, where it fits pretty well.)

What's the advantage to taking the patent bar for foreign nationals who AREN'T (repeat: are NOT) working in the U.S.?

I just talked with an overseas U.S. patent attorney, whose firm has sent several of its foreign employees to the U.S. to take the patent bar.  They can't sign papers while working overseas, and they are not planning to stay in the U.S.  Is it just a way to test the employees' knowledge?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »