The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2023, 7:00am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   transcript for the patent bar exam
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: transcript for the patent bar exam  (Read 2818 times)
katie
Re: transcript for the patent bar exam
« Reply #5 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 12:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You only need and have to submit your undergraduate transcript to PTO for qualifying exam, period. No matter how many and how high your US degrees are. And it has to be translated into English if not originally in English.
IP Logged
john D
« Reply #6 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 12:32pm »

sorry, I meant to say I have the foreign transcripts in english but I don't have course descriptions.

So my question is that do you really need to have foreign course descriptions (e.g. catB physics courses) or is it enough to have a foreign transcript and then some additional material, like US patents?  

"Other factors" and "case-by-case basis" in xii sounds promising.

This is from USPTO exam requirements:
xii. Other Training: Other factors will also be considered on a case-by-case basis with respect to scientific and technical training. The OED will consider expertise in scientific and technical training which is equivalent to that of a Bachelor's degree in a subject listed in Category A.
IP Logged
katie
« Reply #7 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 12:42pm »

If you qualify in category A, you don't need course description in your transcript. Transcript only shows the course title and grades, no description as I understand.
IP Logged
john D
« Reply #8 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 12:50pm »

I have a foreign CS degree so I don't qualify in cat A. That's why course descriptions (or the lack of them) may be an issue. I just hope that transcripts are enough since I cannot get course descriptions. I'll try to include some additional stuff as "other factors to be considered".

IP Logged
cool laser
« Reply #9 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 2:38pm »

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the responses.

For me, my BS is from a non-English speaking country and it is not straigh-forward to get an original transcript. I deeply regret not keeping an extra transcript over the years.

Also, any requirements on the translation notarization?

Moreover, I have scientific publications on peer-reviewed journals, patent applications, and issued patents in the US, aren't they enough? Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »