The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2023, 6:49am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   The EE/ME conundrum
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The EE/ME conundrum  (Read 556 times)
2Btabby

The EE/ME conundrum
« on: Jun 26th, 2007, 10:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Unforunately, I didn't know I wanted to pursue a career in law until I was halfway through college. Needless to say I recieved a BSME instead of a BSEE.  

It is my understanding that if you either went to a good engineering school OR went to a good law school, a EE major has great oppurtunies abound.  Is the job market even remotely similar for a ME?  I understand its not as hot of a market, but is an ME major with a good law school/good law school grads still competitive?  

In the USPTO, I have heard that most lawyers that we deal with are not very "skilled in the art".  This leads me to believe that they are better lawyers than they are engineers (a good ME attorney could argue a EE case well).  Is there truth to this?  

Lastly:  Is there any way to make me more marketable by "learning" more EE material.  Could I do self-study?  Reread and familiarize myself with my two thick circuits books?  Rotate the "M" on my title 90 degrees counterclock wise?  

Thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »