The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2023, 6:59am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   1 month enough?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1 month enough?  (Read 4148 times)
JoeB
1 month enough?
« on: Jun 21st, 2007, 12:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I purchased the Patent Bar Review by BullsEye from EBAY and also have the Old Patent Bar exam questions and answers. I want to take the test before the second week of August as that is when my Law School starts. Will this be enough time to go through the material and pass the bar? I can put in about 4-6 hours a day for study. Please respond as soon as you can as I am trying to figure out if I should turn my application in to the USPTO now.  

Also, does anybody know what the average response time is for the USPTO to approve/deny your application?
IP Logged
Jonathan

Re: 1 month enough?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 1:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

At that rate, assuming you can keep it up every day till the bar exam, you can probably get thru the materials. You will probably be burnt out and may not necessarily get a proper understanding but you should be able to get thru it.

So, yeah, I would say give yourself more time. Just my opinion.

I don't have current info on how long the OED takes to process an application to take the exam.
IP Logged
MySquiggly
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 1:21pm »

You can figure 3-4 weeks to process your application to sit for the exam.  Then you have your 3 month window.  You may want to register for the test immediately upon receiving the exam ticket letter because I know that in some areas, spots fill up and so the first opportunity you may have may not be for a week or two, or maybe more.
IP Logged
willi173

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What's the consensus, is it that hard to prepare for the patent bar solely using the Bullseye materials and old exams?  Or would I be better served using PLI or BARBRI?
IP Logged
JoeB
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 2:22pm »

Thank you for the responses. My aim is to just pass the exam now. As you might have already gussed, I am not really looking at using this prep time to know all about the Patent system. Just enough to pass the bar .. thats all.

So, since there is no way I can spend the kind of money it takes to buy the PLI etc.. is there anyone here who studied on their own and still passed the exam on their first try?  

If so, is there a good method to approach this whole thing?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »