The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2023, 8:07am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   DC-area law, USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DC-area law, USPTO  (Read 1928 times)
2Btabby

Re: DC-area law, USPTO
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 6:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the reply guest.. very encouraging.  The only reason I was considering locals was for part-time options.  However, the more I think about it, the more I think full time would be worth it.  I'm not the kinda person who would be cool with working all day/night and on weekends.  So I agree... a nationwide search would be called for.  I just moved from Wisconsin, so I'm pretty mobile.

I've got two years (or three years, whenever I decide to apply) to get the LSAT score I want.  Hearing that the LSAC has changed policy and caused most schools to take the *highest* LSAT is very encouraging to me.  Mostly because it will relieve TONS of pressure that first time.  I'll be able to take it relaxed (or more so).
IP Logged
guest1040
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 9:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 22nd, 2007, 6:01pm, 2Btabby wrote:
Thanks for the reply guest.. very encouraging.  The only reason I was considering locals was for part-time options.  However, the more I think about it, the more I think full time would be worth it.  I'm not the kinda person who would be cool with working all day/night and on weekends.  So I agree... a nationwide search would be called for.  I just moved from Wisconsin, so I'm pretty mobile.

I've got two years (or three years, whenever I decide to apply) to get the LSAT score I want.  Hearing that the LSAC has changed policy and caused most schools to take the *highest* LSAT is very encouraging to me.  Mostly because it will relieve TONS of pressure that first time.  I'll be able to take it relaxed (or more so).  

Dude! If you just moved to Wisconsin, first get residency then to go the university of wisconsin - madison for law school:

1.  In state tuition is 12k a year for residents, which is a steal for a great T1 law school

2.  As a Madison law grad, you automatically get a law license to practice in wisconsin, no need to pass the wisconsin bar

GO TO MADISON!!!
IP Logged
guest1040
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 9:42pm »

Nevermind, i just re-read your post....you moved FROM wisc, not TO wisc, my bad.

move back to wisc.
IP Logged
guest47
« Reply #8 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:32pm »

on Jun 22nd, 2007, 6:01pm, 2Btabby wrote:

I see.  So you moved to VA for USPTO?  I guess it would be premature to quit before gaining valuable experience, and it will be good to have that much time for studying.  Study for the LSAT as much as you can, within reason.  

I am a splitter (sub 3.0) and have had a few T20/T25 options to choose from with scholarships.  Acceptances such as this are possible and quite likely given the score range you listed.  Just be prepared for some initial waitlisting/deferring.

Also, if you do still happen to be interested in GW part-time, you could always take the LSAT sooner.  As with GULC PT, GW PT scores are not reported and do not affect school rankings.

As for the other schools you listed (GMU, W&M, W&L), these are great schools, particularly the latter two, and your chances are fair at them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »