The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 2nd, 2023, 8:30am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Adobe 5.0 and MPEP 8
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Adobe 5.0 and MPEP 8  (Read 930 times)
AdobeHelp
Adobe 5.0 and MPEP 8
« on: May 16th, 2007, 11:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi:

I just uninstalled the latest version of adobe on my computer and just installed adobe 5.0. My question is, how do I get the newest version of the MPEP and where do I drag and drop the pdf file so that I will be able to search using adobe 5.0. Thanks for all the help in advance.
IP Logged
Jones
Re: Adobe 5.0 and MPEP 8
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2007, 9:17am »

I have a similar question.  I've been searching this forum but can't find the answer.  Is it absolutely necessary to uninstall the Reader and install version 5.0?  Or can you simply use either the "search" function or "find" function in a newer version to simulate the test?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.
IP Logged
AdobeHelp
« Reply #2 on: May 26th, 2007, 11:23am »

can anyone help us at all? and can someone list the steps in searching for answers using adobe? is it just a ctrl+f find function, because thats not that helpful for the exam
IP Logged
dovn
« Reply #3 on: May 26th, 2007, 5:05pm »

The search during the test only allows you to search one section/chapter at a time.  So you can search chapter 700 or 2100 or the index but you can't search a combination of them at the same time.  If you use the find function from Acrobat 5, it will closely mirror the exam.  You can get the MPEP from the USPTO site in PDF form where each chapter/section is its own file.  The newer versions of Acrobat spit out all the places where the search phrase is found at once and this is NOT how it works on the test.
IP Logged
smgsmc

« Reply #4 on: May 26th, 2007, 8:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 26th, 2007, 11:23am, AdobeHelp wrote:
can anyone help us at all? and can someone list the steps in searching for answers using adobe? is it just a ctrl+f find function, because thats not that helpful for the exam

You double posted.  There are two answers in your other post.  Also check the the 171 pg (and still going, and going, and going,,,) Prometric thread.  Everything you want to know about search procedures is covered there.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »