The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 28th, 2023, 10:26pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   What Patent Prep Material Should I buy?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What Patent Prep Material Should I buy?  (Read 2080 times)
dsnutter

What Patent Prep Material Should I buy?
« on: May 13th, 2007, 8:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been trying to figure our for the last couple months which patent bar prep material I should buy.  

I will have 2 months to study for it, and during this time I will be working full time. Money is not the biggest issue, passing on the first try is. With that said, what do you guys think would be the best prep for me?  

Thanks for all your help!
IP Logged
guest47
Re: What Patent Prep Material Should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: May 14th, 2007, 12:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I used PLI and passed in a little under three months while working full time.  It's possible that you could speed through the materials relatively quickly and focus on the actual exams.  Two months is cutting it short with any program, though, unless you aren't working.  

IP Logged
dsnutter

« Reply #2 on: May 14th, 2007, 4:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I have a feeling my plan of 2 months will be hard to do, but I am going to try to push through it.  

IP Logged
Saira
« Reply #3 on: May 16th, 2007, 11:42am »

I have another question. Is it better to get the at home study materials or a classroom course from PLI? Also what do you think of PRG's (Patent resource group's) patent review course?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Saira
IP Logged
guest47
« Reply #4 on: May 16th, 2007, 1:31pm »

A classroom course is alright if you have a couple weeks you can set aside for intense studying, including (I think) 8 hours of class each weekday.  If you get the video lecture course, which is exactly the same content at the same price, you'll get to control the rate you move through the material.  I find this to be an advantage since there may be areas you find you need more or less time on.

From what I know, the PLI and PRG programs have comparable success rates, while their methodology varies.  I don't know enough about the PRG material to speak on it.  Usually you will find advocates of both programs when you ask for a comparison between the two.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »