The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 2nd, 2023, 8:55am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent Bar Exam between 1L-2L
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent Bar Exam between 1L-2L  (Read 1061 times)
Ian
Patent Bar Exam between 1L-2L
« on: Apr 20th, 2007, 5:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm just finishing my first year of law school.  I don't have a summer job lined up yet and I was wondering if I should study for the patent bar.

How advantageous would it be when looking for my 2L summer job to have passed the patent bar?

Can anyone estimate the time commitment that would be required?  I will have a little under 3 months off.  

First year was pretty crazy and I would really just like to relax this summer, but if it would significantly help my chancing of landing a good 2L summer job then I would study for the patent bar.
IP Logged
Isaac

Re: Patent Bar Exam between 1L-2L
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20th, 2007, 5:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 20th, 2007, 5:23am, Ian wrote:
First year was pretty crazy and I would really just like to relax this summer, but if it would significantly help my chancing of landing a good 2L summer job then I would study for the patent bar.

Studying for the patent bar would occupy just a few hours a day over the summer.   You can relax and study for the patent bar.
IP Logged

Isaac
jamestyler

Re: Patent Bar Exam between 1L-2L
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 20th, 2007, 5:23am, Ian wrote:

Ian - Go for it!  I don't think taking the patent bar and passing will ever hurt your chances of snagging a good 2L job.  Are you signed up to go to the Chicago Patent Law Interview Program?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »