The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 29th, 2023, 12:17am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent Service from China
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent Service from China  (Read 1874 times)
Jeff Xu
Patent Service from China
« on: Mar 12th, 2007, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all,  

This is Jeff running a patent consulting firm in Shanghai, China. We have a patent engineer team with strong technical background and good English speaking and writing. We have good experience to help our client apply patents in US, China and Singapore.  

And our service charge is very competitive and fix ( not like normal approach - charge per hour )  

We also help our client do patent research projects.  

Please let me know if you have any project opportunties.  

thx, jeff
IP Logged
dsnutter

Re: Patent Service from China
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2007, 1:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What the crap is this all about? No freaking outsourcing. Thank you. And no, you do not have very good English writing skills, which leads me to believe you have even worse speaking skills. Ohh man.
IP Logged
Jeff Xu
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2007, 5:20pm »

yes. English writing is our current weakness. So it is not possible for you guys to out source whole patent process. We more prefer a partnership working model. You guys take the high value portion and we do the detail works.
IP Logged
plex

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2007, 6:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Lets be civil, there no reason to get hostile, it is essentially impossible to "off-shore" the vast majority of legal work. I am almost on PCT in my study course, so I am not 100% sure of this yet, but I believe only someone registered with the USPTO can have any kind of interaction with them, and to even be allowed the chance to register, you have to essentially be a U.S. citizen or have a law firm job in the U.S. Additionally, anything drafted has to be in good structured English or has to be translated before it can be submitted.

That aside, my advice to Jeff is to try to setup a patent search, rather than a patent drafting. No vaild opinions on the material could be given, but there are businesses that are successful just offering a general prior art search, it does require someone knowledgeable in the art (field) of the patent idea.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2007, 6:20pm by plex » IP Logged
Jeff Xu
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13th, 2007, 7:38pm »

Plex. thanks for the reply. And i think your comments are correct.  

In our current business model, we had interaction with  local clint in china directly and prepared patent draft in English. But we still depend on a lawyer firm in US to help us do the final check and submitting. So the question will be, if we are able to help Chinese client to apply patent in US, using Paris treaty route, we might also help US client to apply for US patent, with the support from US lawyer firm. And there will be huge cost saving for the client.  

Regarding patent search, we are also doing it now for the local client. And our focus is semiconductor related area.  

Hope those information above is helpful. and can get some additional business opportunities from here.  

thx, Jeff
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »