The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 9th, 2021, 10:07am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   USPTO experience...valuable?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: USPTO experience...valuable?  (Read 1954 times)
sdf
Re: USPTO experience...valuable?
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 7:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'd rather keep the specific of which TC's and AU I work private--sorry.  As to your other question, my officemate does not have a law degree, but is planning on attending law school in about a year.
IP Logged
Henry Giano
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 7:43am »

Sorry for the two threads in different areas on the forum. I was wondering if your office mate has an agent number? and if not, what is he going to be doing at the law firm since he doesnt have a law degree and agent number?

Sorry for getting in too personal, but I was jsut curious about the TC and AU. It was a dumb question haha, bcause I think I would decline that question if someone on this forum asked me the same question.

I hope you can get some more information on your office mate for me, because I was also thinking about leaving PTO in the near future.

Thanks again sdf
IP Logged
sdf
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 9:19am »

He doesn't have a registration number, the law firm said they would pay for him to take a study course and pay for the exam.  They'd also be training him on what he needs to know to be able to do the job as an agent.  Until he got registered, he'd be able to do everything they need for him to do, he just can't sign on any of his own work. During the training period, several people would also be reviewing anything he did to make sure he didn't screw up.

IP Logged
biotech

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 1:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know a couple people at my law firm who were examiners. They said they got insane numbers of job offers.  
I would say 2 years would be good experience.
IP Logged

regards,
biotech
Henry Giano
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 4:46pm »

Hey, thanks for all the insight guys, makes me feel a lot better with the transition to a firm from PTO.

sdf:
I was wondering if you can hook me up with the connection with your office mate?
Im interested in looking to switch jobs, and possibly have a law firm pay for my patent bar exam and any schooling.

sdf, are you looking to also leave PTO in the near future and work at a firm as an agent or attorney?

bio:
Im glad you made that post, cause it makes me feel a whole lot better about law firms regarding examiner experience valuable.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »