The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 9th, 2021, 10:19am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Fresh bio-postdoc seeking career advice in IP law
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fresh bio-postdoc seeking career advice in IP law  (Read 631 times)
biopostdoc

Fresh bio-postdoc seeking career advice in IP law
« on: Mar 5th, 2007, 1:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello All,

I recently graduated from a 2 tier university with a Ph.D. focusing on molecular biology/biochemistry. I also have a MS degree in Biomedical Engineering and a BS in Biotechnology. In fact, my previous research has a pretty good coverage of most bases of the current biotech field. However, only six months into my postdoc job in a top 10 medical institute, I found that I can't take the academic path any more. Although the scientific questions are still intriguing to me, I'm tired of bench work, which goes around its own clock, no matter how hard you try to plan ahead.  

My current postdoc term will end in less than 6 months. Previously I was thinking about taking the bar exam while doing the bench work. But I want to focus on one thing and do it right, particularly something that I have no previous experience at all. Now I hope to get started as soon as possible as a scientific advisor and take the exam after I get some hands-on experience. How difficult it will be for someone with my background in the mid-Atlantic area? (I'm willing to relocate to the west coast area too). Which is the best way to find such job openings?

Many thanks!
IP Logged
plex

Re: Fresh bio-postdoc seeking career advice in IP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 4:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Check the USPTO site for its census data, I actually put together an excel based on it while I was at work today, pretty interesting. It only has up to 2005, but it pretty much contains anything you could want to know, as long as you can sort it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »