The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 9th, 2021, 8:52am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   when to sign up for p-bar
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: when to sign up for p-bar  (Read 750 times)
superman10

when to sign up for p-bar
« on: Feb 21st, 2007, 10:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i want to take the patent bar this summer. isn't there a requirement that i have to sign up for it 3 months ahead of time or something? plus i've heard that it takes 300 hours. is this accurate?
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2007, 10:36pm by superman10 » IP Logged
plex

Re: when to sign up for p-bar
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22nd, 2007, 5:05am »

The 3 months is a limit to take it once you are accepted, not how long it takes. It varies from 1 week to 6 weeks, greatly depending on what category you are, that you make no mistakes in your application and when they feel like getting to it.  

Study time is more like 200-250 hours, if you just do the bare minimum for the sake of passing the test, rather than understanding all the material. That means reading the most important parts of the MPEP, like 700, 2100 and PCT, along with knowing a few others. Also studying the 2002-2003 tests and memorizing the questions and answers on patentbarquestions(dot)com. Also, check the main post for more info.
IP Logged
jamestyler

Re: when to sign up for p-bar
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22nd, 2007, 8:28pm »

If you are going to qualify with your undergrad degree, then I think your wait time will be faster from when you send in the application and when you hear back about being qualified.

I sent my information in before starting to study - then spent about almost a month and a half studying.  I was probably on the 200 ish hour side of things, but I can't quite remember.  I studied many on my own with the Bullseye Patent Bar Prep course at www(dot)patentbarexamprep(dot)com/gallery1(dot)html

Do you have a target date for when you want to take the exam?  By the time you receive your qualification letter, you have slightly less than 90 days to take the exam.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »