The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 9th, 2021, 10:12am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Aerospace Engineering?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Aerospace Engineering?  (Read 583 times)
Skit50

Email

Aerospace Engineering?
« on: Feb 11th, 2007, 5:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been reading some of the posts here and it obviously seems EE is currently held at a premium for getting into IP.

That being said, I have read a few comments about ME but nothing really about AE. Other than a few electives, they are virtually the exact same thing and I was wondering what the prospects are for somebody with an AE degree getting into IP.

Also, I go to UCLA where the average engineering gpa is 2.7 and it is a struggle to maintain a 3.0. I am curious as to what the situation would be for somebody with a sub 3.0 gpa with  good lsat scores getting into a law school is and what the implications of that would be for getting into IP.
IP Logged
rolando
Re: Aerospace Engineering?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25th, 2007, 11:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had similar credentials as you as an undergrad at a UC campus; however, the reality is that you will have to work extra to offset your weaknesses in your credentials.  That being said, you may find that pursuing an MS degree in engineering and about 5 years of working experience may divert the attention of the admissions recruiter from your flaws during undergrad.  That's my approach and it seems logical to widthstand the competition of law school admissions.  IP law is preferrable if you have a desire to interact with people more and provide a service to clients about technology matters, and their business prospects of their inventions.

Good luck out there, but definitely provide a portfolio of your credentials that can make up for any weakness.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »