The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 2nd, 2023, 10:09am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   **RAW** LSAT score
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: **RAW** LSAT score  (Read 3002 times)
seraphodiabolus

**RAW** LSAT score
« on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i am a science PhD candidate and thinking of going to law school for a law degree before hopping to work in IP. I heard from a friend that there is a free mock test for LSAT and decided to try how good (or bad) i would do on the exam without preparation (except that knowing there will be reading comp and logic questions). Well, the result was B-A-D. (155 to be exact)  
i read somewhere on the board that the score usually does not change much between the "baseline" and the "actual test", even after lots of practices. Is there ANY hope that i can somehow improve my score to a bit more ?? or is this it ??
any comment welcome
IP Logged
jipper

Re: **RAW** LSAT score
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:17am »

I'm on the same path.  Remember a 155 is still better than average.  When would you take the LSAT?  The practice test that is free is from a few years ago and the LSAT has somewhat changed since then.  I would suggest checking out Powerscore.com for their study materials (i.e. the LR bible and the LG bible).  You should easily be able to improve 10 points with some studying.  

I would urge you not to waste money on kaplan prep materials.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:18am by jipper » IP Logged
vivienleigh

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:35am »

I think you can definitely improve from your first test.  I got a 160 on the first three tests that I took without any preparation and then bought some prep books (no class or tutor), and since I've started studying, I've been scoring consistently in the high 160s - low 170s.  I'll be taking the real thing in February, so I'll let you know how much of an improvement I see in the end.  It's a very learnable test, so don't be discouraged! Smiley
IP Logged
bjr
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I improved my score over 15 points between my first practice exam and the actual exam.  It's not uncommon to substantially increase your score.
IP Logged
daven

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 4:36pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 9:08pm, seraphodiabolus wrote:
i am a science PhD candidate and thinking of going to law school for a law degree before hopping to work in IP. I heard from a friend that there is a free mock test for LSAT and decided to try how good (or bad) i would do on the exam without preparation (except that knowing there will be reading comp and logic questions). Well, the result was B-A-D. (155 to be exact)  
i read somewhere on the board that the score usually does not change much between the "baseline" and the "actual test", even after lots of practices. Is there ANY hope that i can somehow improve my score to a bit more ?? or is this it ??
any comment welcome

Yea, you won't improve by plowing your way through a few practice tests, making the same types of mistakes.   I bought 50 actual prior tests from testmasters http://student.testmasters.com/estore/catalog.asp and plan to take two per weekend until the real test in June.  You can buy actual past test question explanations off ebay, so you can learn from your mistakes.  I also have the powerscore logical reasoning and game "bibles".  Search on ebay for "lsat" & "bible"..
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »