The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 8th, 2021, 3:21am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   interview assistance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: interview assistance  (Read 5508 times)
Morfor
Re: interview assistance
« Reply #15 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 10:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

SeanUMD:  Congratulations on getting an offer before even graduating.  It's hard to believe!  For the companies that invited you for interviews, did they have advertised open positions for technical advisors? or were the positions created for you?
IP Logged
GB

« Reply #16 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 9:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi myself PG degree holder in mol.biol, and got a offer to work in a IP firm. My task is to provide info (patents) on the clients requirement. Please suggest me, how good it is to be in this field (Iam interested)?
IP Logged
SeanUMD

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 8:10pm »

Sorry guys for taking so long to reply.  I have been pretty busy.  

This message in reference to the posts by Forest and Morfar:

Forest:  right now I am going to start out as a tech spec and see how things go.  If I really like the work than I will pursue law school either in the fall 2007 or 2008.

Morfar:  The tech spec positions that I was interviewed for were not advertised.  In each case I believe that they were created positions

Let me know if you have any other questions!
IP Logged
SeanUMD

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 8:14pm »

One more thing Forest:

I received similar replies from several law firms in the DC area where they stated that they were definitely interested in my background, but that they had a standing policy to only hire scientific advisors that were already enrolled in a local law school such as Georgetown, GW, etc.......so I think if you were enrolled part-time in law school that some firms (especially in DC) would like that and probably even help pay for it.
IP Logged
forest

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 7:45pm »

SeanUMD: Thanks... Hopefully, I'll get into some schools in the areas, then see first hand if that's just their easy way of letting people down or whether they'll talk to me
IP Logged

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." ~Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »