The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 8th, 2021, 4:08am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Regional/Career Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Regional/Career Question  (Read 2131 times)
Danman
Regional/Career Question
« on: Oct 13th, 2006, 11:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have noticed a lot of posts saying that getting a job in IP with a Ph.D. in biotech and JD is difficult these days, but most people do not make a distinction as to whether this is a regional issue or not.  My question is does anyone have an opinion as to regions that might be more or less saturated.  I would imagine that jobs in the Boston or San Fran markets might be tight but what about Triangle park or Austin?

Also, I will be graduating soon with a Ph.D. from a top teir institution and plan to get a JD at a top teir Law School.  Do I have less to worry about or is the job market really that tight.

Thanks for your replies.
IP Logged
patento

Re: Regional/Career Question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13th, 2006, 6:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ph.D. and JD from a top schools - I won't worry about getting a job whereever I want.

on Oct 13th, 2006, 11:37am, Danman wrote:
I have noticed a lot of posts saying that getting a job in IP with a Ph.D. in biotech and JD is difficult these days, but most people do not make a distinction as to whether this is a regional issue or not. My question is does anyone have an opinion as to regions that might be more or less saturated. I would imagine that jobs in the Boston or San Fran markets might be tight but what about Triangle park or Austin?

Also, I will be graduating soon with a Ph.D. from a top teir institution and plan to get a JD at a top teir Law School. Do I have less to worry about or is the job market really that tight.

Thanks for your replies.

IP Logged
Danman
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 1:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the reply, though brief.  Does no one have an opinion about regions of the country that might have a warmer job market?  I would like to hear your opinion about the area where you practice even if you don't have any opinion about other areas.  If enough people respond, a picture will start to come together.

Thanks!
IP Logged
Isaac

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 2:39pm »

I would personally suggest the Research Triangle Park area of NC.  It's also happends to be a great place to live.

IP Logged

Isaac
biopico

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 7:12pm »

What about San Diego and La Jolla?  Mecca of biotech companies.
IP Logged

Registered Patent Agent Specializing in All Areas of Biotechnology
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »