The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 9th, 2021, 10:23am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Prometric Exam Experiences (cont'd)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prometric Exam Experiences (cont'd)  (Read 2442 times)
smgsmc

Re: Prometric Exam Experiences (cont'd)
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 6:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 10th, 2006, 8:25pm, juancho wrote:
moleculegirly ...

What's the SWEET SMELLING PAINT  question?? haven't seen  or read about that one , test is in 2 days!!

thanks!!

jmg

Since you're on a tight schedule and molecule girl hasn't been around...here goes.  The question is on the main thread.  Essentially, someone tries to patent a sweet-smelling paint comprising a mix of ~8 individual colors + perfume.  The examiner does an 103 objection saying it's obvious over 9 references (a reference for each individual color + a reference for perfume).  Practitioner replies that objection is not valid because there are too many references.  But buried in Chapt 2100, you find that there is no limit to the number of references that can be combined for an obviousness rejection; therefore, the examiner's ruling is upheld.   Good luck on your exam.  Hope you don't have to deal with Rev 4.
IP Logged
juancho
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 6:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks smgsmc!

supposedly the Rev 4 starts 10/17 (but u never know with these USPTO folk!) Grin

QUESTION TO ANYONE: There are no pass-rates published since 2004... do any of the PLi or PRG guys publish "unofficial" pass rates?? ... my guess would be around 37%, just from talking to people I know..... but maybe i just know dumb people....

thanks
IP Logged
tonyp

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 10:28pm »

on Oct 11th, 2006, 6:18pm, juancho wrote:

QUESTION TO ANYONE: There are no pass-rates published since 2004... do any of the PLi or PRG guys publish "unofficial" pass rates?? ... my guess would be around 37%, just from talking to people I know..... but maybe i just know dumb people....

According to the link below, the official pass rate for the period MPEP 8r1 was being tested (roughly the year ending June 2005) was 56.4%.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/dcom/olia/oed/exam_results_mpep8ed_rev1 .htm
IP Logged
smgsmc

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 5:34am »

on Oct 11th, 2006, 6:18pm, juancho wrote:
Thanks smgsmc!

supposedly the Rev 4 starts 10/17 (but u never know with these USPTO folk!) Grin

thanks

Oh, I meant hope you pass this go around otherwise you will face Rev 4 on round 2.  As a Russian friend of mine would say:  Udachi!
IP Logged
nsyv

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18th, 2006, 3:07pm »

I just took the exam in Chicago and I don't know if all the stations are like mine, but the scroll on my mouse didn't work so that was kinda annoying to find out after the test had already begun.  

Also, a trick to pass along is that they give you an hour lunch break, so bring a copy of the 2003 exam with you to lunch and you can do a quick review then so that the answers to the exam will still be fresh in your head in case you run into them during the PM section.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »