The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2023, 8:05am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Switching to IP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Switching to IP  (Read 486 times)
Jake Levy
Switching to IP
« on: Sep 21st, 2006, 1:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,
I recently discovered this forum while searching around on the net on the possibility of becoming a patent attorney in the future.

My situation is as follows...I went to a very well regarded school pursuing a degree in chemistry with a minor in Computer Science.   As I ended my junior year/began my senior I discovered my interest in the field (chem) waning to a large degree.  The majors in my department had always been told by advisors at the school that becoming a patent attorney was a viable option after graduation.   As such, I began to consider it and investigate the possibility.   I am still in school now, part-time, to finish my computer science minor.  I currently have a GPA of 3.05 (I know its not great but loosing interest in chemistry and getting multiple jobs senior year hurt me a bit, academically) but i expect to graduate with at least a 3.2.  I am considering becoming a patent agent after graduation to see what the field is like, however I am looking for advice on the switch.  Is a Bachelor's degree with my major/minor enough to make the switch, or is it too little too late, as they say?  In addition, I worry that my GPA would not be enough to help me get into a good school and would a high LSAT score help? (I have already begun studying though I dont plan ont aking it til the spring)  Thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »