The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 22nd, 2022, 2:05pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   So, what field is hot?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So, what field is hot?  (Read 2055 times)
Isaac

Re: So, what field is hot?
« Reply #5 on: Sep 2nd, 2006, 6:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 1st, 2006, 4:10pm, TedJus wrote:
I have many friends who graudated with a PhD degree and having a very tough time looking for jobs in the Biotech industry.  They, then, go from one postdoc to another.  The biotech market being not the greatest these days, some of my friends are only taking temp positons.

I understand.    I have very limited experience with biotech.  The law firm I work for has a biotech section consisting of a single attorney with a PhD.   I believe he is the only person in the IP department to have a PhD.

IP Logged

Isaac
chemichael

« Reply #6 on: Sep 2nd, 2006, 9:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I believe TedJus' comments are in regards to research positions, not patent agent/patent attorney positions.  I can tell you that in the area of the country where I live, most firms will not consider folks w/o a PhD for agent/advisor positions in biotech.  The same goes true for chemistry as well (my field), although not to the same degree

IP Logged
SoCalAttny
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 9:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Those who understand the electrical and software arts are in demand. Do job search on Patent Attorney and signifanctly more than half will be EE or CS positions Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »