The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 28th, 2023, 10:59pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent Law Books
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent Law Books  (Read 2382 times)
TataBoxInhibitor

Re: Patent Law Books
« Reply #10 on: Aug 28th, 2006, 4:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 25th, 2006, 10:58am, Ron Eager wrote:
That is some easy reading in a few months.   I will trade you a few patent law books if you can find me a few books on knee operations.  My friend twisted his ACL playing football and I want to operate next week.  Let me know.

It is nice to see some good clean humor every now and then.   To the original poster, many inventors read "Patent it Yourself by Pressman.    That may give you an overview of the process associated with patent prosecution.   I hear it is good, though I have never read it myself.  
IP Logged
LF

« Reply #11 on: Sep 5th, 2006, 9:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sean:
I think you have the right idea. Like many other topics, IP (no, not Internet Protocol, Intellectual Property!!!) is severely  shortchanged in all curriculums (by they way, so is Tax Law). The fact is, that educators teach what they learned, and most of them can't spell Patent (and used to have their taxes done by H&R Block).

Short and long, go to B&N (or your favorite bookstore) and poke around the IP section. You will get a number of decent books to explain to you the 50K feet view. How much lower you want to go, is going to depend on how much you really care to do.

Best of luck,
LF
IP Logged
SoCalAttny
« Reply #12 on: Sep 23rd, 2006, 9:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

"Patent Strategies for Business" 3rd Edition
Stephen Glazier
Published 2000 Cool

This is a good read describing how patents are used by business. It is not a legal treatise, law has changed since 2000, but will provide a grasp of IP for use as a sword or a shield. It will help if a, "Tell me why do we need patents?" Q comes up.
"Patents add the fuel of interest to the spark of genius."
Abraham Lincoln
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »