The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2023, 6:18am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Certificate of Good Standing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Certificate of Good Standing  (Read 1853 times)
smgsmc

Re: Certificate of Good Standing
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31st, 2006, 2:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 21st, 2006, 9:11am, Wolfcastle wrote:
With your registration, you get a framable certificate with your patent registration number on it. Unfortunately, you don't get an ID card. Sigh, it would have been cool to pull the card out of my wallet and say "Back off man, I'm a patent agent."

It's not clear to me what your response means.  The $10 will get you the fancy one?  If so, what does $20 get you?
IP Logged
Isaac

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31st, 2006, 2:31pm »

on Aug 31st, 2006, 2:20pm, smgsmc wrote:

It's not clear to me what your response means.  The $10 will get you the fancy one?  If so, what does $20 get you?

For $0 you get a framable certificate commemorating your initial registration.

For $10 you can get a rather ordinary looking certificate of good standing that is useful for showing your current status for whatever administrative/legal purpose you might have.

For $20 you can get a frameable certificate of good standing.    Unless it looks better than the free thing you get (and nobody seems to be saying)  I'm not sure why you'd want this if you have the free thingy.
IP Logged

Isaac
smgsmc

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31st, 2006, 4:54pm »

on Aug 31st, 2006, 2:31pm, Isaac wrote:

For $0 you get a framable certificate commemorating your initial registration.

For $10 you can get a rather ordinary looking certificate of good standing that is useful for showing your current status for whatever administrative/legal purpose you might have.

For $20 you can get a frameable certificate of good standing.    Unless it looks better than the free thing you get (and nobody seems to be saying)  I'm not sure why you'd want this if you have the free thingy.

Thanks for the clarification, Isaac.   In the past, whenever I got a fancy certificate for whatever reason, I'd give it to my young daughter to play with.  In this field, I shouldn't be so cavalier, I guess, since clients may require fancy credentials on the wall.   As for your $20 question, I have one answer.  One of my previous bosses had his office walls literally plastered with certificates.  Most of them were for in-house training classes; you know, the ones that say "Congratulations.  You have successfully completed the corporate quality improvement program."  Since you print them out yourself, you can make them as pretty as you like.  He was always carping about how he had been "cheated" out of a PhD early in his career.  This was his way of compensating, I guess.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »