The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 9th, 2021, 9:12am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Where do I begin?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Where do I begin?  (Read 2568 times)
smgsmc

Re: Where do I begin?
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26th, 2006, 3:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 26th, 2006, 12:14pm, Beginner wrote:
Thank you very much, smgsmc. Your advice is very helpful. I don't have a deadline to beat. I planned to take the exam after mid-Oct.

You said that "don't apply until you feel ready". Do you mean that I should apply after reading through MPEP, getting familiar with old exams and feeling ready to take exam right away? Could you please give more explanation on the level of readiness?

You have it down right.  Under your circumstances, if you take a prep course, definitely do not apply until you've finished it.  Go over the old exams, and get a feel for all the quirky questions.  If you feel OK, then apply.  You'll have an additional 3+ mo to fine tune.  Don't string it out too long, or you'll start to forget what you've previously learned.  Also, some people need to set an artificial deadline (e.g., I'm going to take it before Thanksgiving) to avoid endless procrastination (speaking from experience Smiley)
IP Logged
Lex

Re: Where do I begin?
« Reply #11 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 4:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

SMG et al:

I submitted by application as a test the waters type of excercise, since I had changed my degree plans several times when I was a student and doubted I would get approved by the OED...but part B worked!

The result is pure chaos as I have to cull through all of the PRG materials in 90 days while gainfully (and painfully) employed full time.  You guys inspire me, (several make me feel like I am out of my league!) Any advice is welcome.  I am studying at least four solid hours a day plus all weekend.  Thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »