The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 8th, 2021, 3:16am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Pierce Law Online - Patent Bar Review OpenIPSoure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pierce Law Online - Patent Bar Review OpenIPSoure  (Read 7683 times)
Derek
Re: Pierce Law Online - Patent Bar Review OpenIPSo
« Reply #35 on: May 30th, 2006, 2:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on May 30th, 2006, 8:21am, Ellen wrote:
Am I understanding correctly that OmniPrep teaches you how to memorize questions during the exam so that you can send the questions in to them???
As a test preparation company, they should be teaching you how to pass the exam, NOT how to waste your time memorizing questions for their benefit.

Does anyone know if omniprep has EVERY question asked on the current patent bar exam?  For that matter, does anyone know how big the question pool is for the current patent bar exam?
IP Logged
Casablanca
« Reply #36 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 8:09pm »

I have completely lost faith in reading other people's reviews.
Omniprep was not a good course for me at all.  It seemed like 2 different people wrote their minireviews and their summaries. And on top of that, they expected you to read the MPEP.  Who can read that type of material in such short a time?  My head was spinning after a couple of weeks.  I was so unhappy and I asked for a refund and they were kind enough to grant it to me.  So I send my compliments to their personnel for not giving me a hard time.
IP Logged
milla
« Reply #37 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 10:15pm »

Omniprep is the biggest waste of money ever. Here's what they provide: the MPEP, copied and pasted portions of the MPEP that they tell you you should focus on, "lectures", and some practice questions.  

Here's the catch:  

1. The chapter questions are so old that they are outdated. You answer correctly, but it tells you that you are wrong and points to parts of the MPEP that no longer exist!! When I emailed them about it, they just told me that the wording is confusing. But when I asked them why it points to a part of the MPEP that no longer exists, they stopped responding to my emails.  

2. For their "lectures" they just turned on the "read out loud" function on pdf files, and this monotone voice reads the entire MPEP to you word for word! You can do it yourself: just go to "view" and click on "read out loud" . But, Omniprep reads an old version of the MPEP!!!!  They're such a scam that they can't just load the new MPEP!

3. Their chapter "summaries" are not summaries at all!! They're portions of the MPEP that have been copied and pasted. I can' t say if these sections really correspond to the areas we should focus on because I haven't taken the test yet.  

I have no idea how 96% of their students pass! I know that based on previously administered questions, prep courses have figured out what areas of the MPEP should be studied, but, based on everything else wrong about Omniprep, I just can't trust that they got ANYTHING right.  

I can't believe I wasted $500 on this crap. I tried reporting them to the BBB, but they aren't a member. Plus, all the people here who are writing positively about them, they HAVE to be owners of Omniprep, because there is NO WAY in hell that real students of the MPEP haven't picked up on this scam!  

Don't purchase Omniprep!  

I didn't know that they would be generous enough to offer a refund. Guess what I'm doing first thing tomorrow?
IP Logged
Isaac

« Reply #38 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 5:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 29th, 2006, 10:15pm, milla wrote:
You can do it yourself: just go to "view" and click on "read out loud" .

Wow! I had never heard of this function before.  Thanks!
IP Logged

Isaac
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »