The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2023, 7:01am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   interning at the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: interning at the USPTO  (Read 4481 times)
Step on the Stone
Re: interning at the USPTO
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2007, 11:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Are you sure you wouldn't consider staying at the USPTO as an Examiner?

Why not apply for a job as an Examiner? You might be thinking of leaving law school behind forever, it wasn't really for you ... or ... you might one day transfer to a law school in the DC area ... after you examine for a few years of course ... you think ... maybe .... but maybe not. After a few summer months at the USPTO, you might come to your senses and go back to law school ... it's so hard to make long term plans ... these things happen, it wasn't really for you ... law school seems the right choice now, hind-sight you know, you don't want to miss a semester.

The USPTO has a revolving door ... why not just revolve in for a few months and then revolve right back out?

Maybe they're sensitive to applicants using the office as a summer job ... maybe they're not ... I don't know.

In any event, the story will be yours to tell later. You believe the experience you got was incalculably valuable ... don't you?
IP Logged
scottp

Re: interning at the USPTO
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12th, 2007, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

JDF,

I found a job with a non-IP firm for the summer. Once I had some legal experience on my resume, getting work with an IP firm became easier.  I am working remotely for a firm in Philadelphia and will be moving out there after I graduate.

Scott
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »