The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 27th, 2023, 11:30pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Please advice/help me...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Please advice/help me...  (Read 1026 times)
mihaela
Please advice/help me...
« on: Dec 16th, 2005, 2:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just got hired in a chemistry company as a patent attorney trainee (in the Netherlands). I have a PhD in Chemical engineering and 1 year experience as a postdoc in industry.  
They told me that they can offer me a temporary contract for 2 years and then they will make an evaluation about my work and they will take the decision  to offer me further a permanent contract or just say "good bye".  
Because I do not have any experience in patent law nor a course before, I do not know if to accept this offer or not. I know that I have to learn a lot, to pass exams and that is OK although I understood that it is extremly hard. But I am wondering now if this job is so difficult that I will not be able to do it. I have perfect communication and interpersonal skills, I am a fast learner, my technical skills are perhaps not perfect, but OK...I would like a lot to work in this field but...am I able to do it?
I would appreciate a lot if you, from your experience, could give me an overview about this kind of job, what is the most difficult part of it and what are the most important skills that a I should have to manage this job in the end?  
It would help me a lot to take a decision if I would know about these things from your real experience, how you were in the beginning of this job, if you also had doubts, or you were scared just like me, what was the most difficult thing, what were the steps you had to take to become successful in your job etc.

IP Logged
franlorin

taxonomist-in- training

WWW Email

Re: Please advice/help me...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ik wens je de beste in ieder geval - maar als je de baan kies, dan je kan leeren de werk in de octrooi en ook terzelfder tijd een andere baan zoeken terwijls je werkt - dus je kan de industriele eigendom leeren in die twee jaaren en dat wetenschap gebruiken daarna

al de beste  

Fran Lorin www.patent.0catch.com
IP Logged

Fran Lorin
www.siberkhem.com
Jonathan

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:54am »

You should do a patent search to find the answer.
IP Logged
franlorin

taxonomist-in- training

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 8:16am »

on Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:54am, Jonathan wrote:
You should do a patent search to find the answer.

leuk, maar erg stome grapje door iemand die mischien niet de belanrijke zijde van octrooi onderzoek begrijpd - en deze mens is een "full member"! - dat is een grotere grapje

maar terwijls de onderzoek is belangrijk in de octrooi gemeente, mijn advies die ik gaf boven is nog wel gelijk!

Ik wens je goeie kiezen!

Fran Lorin www.patent.0catch.com
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2005, 8:18am by franlorin » IP Logged

Fran Lorin
www.siberkhem.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »