The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 28th, 2023, 1:14am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Another scientist in the mix?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Another scientist in the mix?  (Read 654 times)
BioDEK

Another scientist in the mix?
« on: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey!  First off I want to say things for this forum - it has been a great resource for me - even if some of the posts do have me worried now.  I am about to finish my PhD in Molecular Genetics and have become interested in patent law.  I was lucky enough to take a Law class this semester - it was a general overview of Biotech and the Law - and I loved it and did very well in it.  So my question is what do I do now?  Should I start studing for the Patent Agent Exam and try to take it before I finish my PhD?  Should I plan on taking the LSAT and going right into Law School (which I would rather not do on myown dime if I can avoid it).  Or should I go out and get a Post-doc and get some experience under my belt before I try to get into law?  Since I am still in school I have the opportunity now to get some more educational experience but I don't know if that will help.  Anyone out there in a similar situation or have some sage advice for me?

Thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »