The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 28th, 2023, 1:26am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Anybody used the PLI prep course?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anybody used the PLI prep course?  (Read 721 times)
DeadMeat

Anybody used the PLI prep course?
« on: Dec 13th, 2005, 8:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Curious if anyone has used it recently, and what you thought about it.
thanks
IP Logged
Cyndi

Re: Anybody used the PLI prep course?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 11:35pm »

I took the PLI course in late 2004, and finally got around to taking (and passing) the patent bar a couple of weeks ago.  

I found PLI's PatWare software to be invaluable in my preparation.  Using PatWare in conjunction with Acrobat Reader 5.0 for the electronic MPEP definitely helped me pass the exam.

I have mixed feelings about the rest of the course.  The live lecture and/or audio CDs (or video) would be great for someone with no prosecution experience.  I'm not sure the lecture or written materials helped me much though, as I had a couple years of experience going in to the course.  Mostly I needed to practice old exams and searching, which I was able to do through PatWare.    

If PLI has updated their course to include hints/tips/tricks for taking the computer exam, then the actual course would be much more useful.  Anyone know if the course has become more tailored toward the computer exam in the last year?
IP Logged
melwrc

Re: Anybody used the PLI prep course?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 3:42pm »

My issue with the patware was that some of the questions had formatting issues in which part of the question would be mixed with the answer portion, which made it so that you couldn't figure out the correct answer letter.  Another issue is that it would mis-score a problem or two in each practice test.  Ex.  A is the correct answer, and that's what you picked.  It will sometimes tell you that A is incorrect, then explain why A was correct.  

I like the practice test format for at www.upstartrising.com better, but had already purchased the PLI course when I found it.  It's really cheap.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2005, 3:45pm by melwrc » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »