The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 27th, 2022, 11:49am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   What do u enjoy the most about working w/ patents?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What do u enjoy the most about working w/ patents?  (Read 739 times)
grace
What do u enjoy the most about working w/ patents?
« on: Nov 16th, 2005, 9:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, I'm a bioengineering major.  I wanted to be a doctor, but changed my mind (big surprise).  Now, I want to be a lawyer but need a job in the intrem period.  I've been working as a legal researcher for a large international firm and also have an ABA approved paralegal certificate.  I was offered an opportunity to be a patent prosecution assistant helping with filings, IDS, etc.  To be honest with you, I only know patent basics...but they know I'm detailed oriented, smart and can do the job.  But---I also have another offer in another firm for just another legal researcher job with a little more pay...

I can't decide whether to take the patent prosecution assistant job, then go to law school and hope that the patent experience will land me a job easily...OR stick with the legal research positions where I can learn a lot but not specialize in anything in particular because I get different types of projects that involves different types of law...

So--I wanted to ask you--is patent fun and exciting?  What's your most favorite thing in your job?  I know this is a random question but I wanna throw it out there... Undecided
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »