The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 27th, 2023, 11:37pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Moral Character and Speeding Tickets
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Moral Character and Speeding Tickets  (Read 3076 times)
anonymous1

Re: Moral Character and Speeding Tickets
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 10:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had a speeding ticket for less than $100 that didn't require disclosure, but I disclosed it anyway. I ordered records from the appropriate counties and sent in as much documentation as I possibly could. Never had a problem w/ the PTO. Always, always, always err on the side of full disclosure. You never going to know what's going to happen in the future - best to be as cautious and anal as possible.
IP Logged
guest1
« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 8:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for your response!!  What type of documentation did the county send you?  Just a statement regarding that the ticket was received and had been paid?  
Thanks again for your post.
IP Logged
anonymous1

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 4:12pm »

I do not remember exactly, but it was something to that effect. Truly it doesn't matter what mine was; send in whatever YOUR county provides you, because you are responsible to provide THAT information. I think it just said the date and the nature of the violation, as well as the cost - I'm not sure if it mentioned whether or not I'd paid it. I'm sure it did, though, since it was pretty much the only record they had of the speeding ticket, and if it would be indicated anywhere, it would be indicated on there. Best wishes,
IP Logged
guest1
« Reply #8 on: Oct 4th, 2005, 10:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the response.  I realize this information is state/county specific.  I guess I'll clarify my request for wanting to know about your documentation.  I have requested my driving record, and wanted to know if that would suffice.  It sounds like I'll have to go to the county and request info regarding payment as well.  Thanks again.
IP Logged
Sodbuster

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 11:23am »

As member Isaac indicated, this is a test of truthfulness.  You need to be forthcoming in all areas they are requesting info.  Do that, and you will be fine!!  Lie, and you present an enormous burden to getting into this business.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »