The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 13th, 2019, 2:28am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 352018 times)
mk1023

Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #925 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 8:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Unless you have a family I don't think housing cost is a big deal. Get roommates or live in a studio if you need to save money that badly. In the long run you could hotel and live in another state if you want to.
IP Logged
guestt
« Reply #926 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 8:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well, I'm experienced engineer and I don't have any problem getting job offer, it was easy for me and my wife (she lost her job at tech firm) that why we intended to move at first. I like the job and the secure its offer but moving there is something we don't want to and if I know it will open regional office in Texas or so might take it and trasfer later
IP Logged
Guestkl
« Reply #927 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 8:13pm »

I didn't have any problem getting job offer with PTO since both my wife and I are experience engineer. My wife lost her job at tech firm and that why we applied and thinking moving there. Now she got new job and what I read about PTO is that it might open regional office either in Texas or Colorado. We like the job secure and benefit its offer but we have family with 2 kids and to live in the nice neighbor like we have now, the house there might be in $600K range compare $300K in Texas. I'm thinking that if it open the office in Texas next two years or so, we might take it and ask for transfer later
Anyway, any inside news would be appreciated
IP Logged
puzzled_guest
« Reply #928 on: Apr 18th, 2007, 9:51am »

Hello,

Someone from HR told me that Center X is interested in my application. No one from X has interviewed me, so I have no idea what I would do. I think I'd be better suited for Center Y, and I only applied to Center Y, but no one from Y has contacted me. I'd like to speak with someone, but I've only had contact with HR... Should I try contacting some hiring contacts to get a better idea of what I would do for X, or to see if Y is even interested in me?  Huh

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!
IP Logged
guestNewExaminer
« Reply #929 on: May 3rd, 2007, 11:38am »

It looks like I will be beginning the training academy on May 29th.  I have two minor questions about the office, if anyone can help.

1) Are camera phones allowed on-premises?
2) How long does it take to get your own office? I know you start out sharing office space... is it a matter of making Primary, or is it something you have to wait 5 or 10 years for?

Thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »