The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2019, 9:30pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 346777 times)
freshexaminer

Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #915 on: Apr 5th, 2007, 1:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Katrina,

I am finishing up a Masters in Optics, and I have a BA in Physics and CS.  I think I am being considered in Optics and CS I believe.  I am really nervous about this.  It would be so nice to know I have an offer for sure.

wizfan83,

We should keep in contact.  It would be nice to start out with a roommate I think.  There are definitely plusses and minuses to it.  I do not know anyone in the DC area, so it may be nice to live with someone who knows their way around.  I will be kind of coming there as a total east coast newbie.
IP Logged
Frontier House
« Reply #916 on: Apr 5th, 2007, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

3 br house in perfect location for new examiners!  

1500/month for 3BR, 1 Den, 2BA, fireplace, large fenced yard, newly renovated. 1 block from Springfield Mall. Bus across the street to Springfield Metro ( about 1 mile walk). 8 miles/10-15 min drive to US Patent Trademark Office (USPTO).  

Please Email: Frontier dot House at gmail dot com if interested!!!
IP Logged
Katrina

Email

« Reply #917 on: Apr 6th, 2007, 12:25pm »

Okay, so I just realized that my major (biology) is listed under two different departments of the Patent Office that is in USAjobs.gov. I have already applied to the one located in the Biotechnology and Organic Chemistry Department. However, today I noticed that biology is listed along with "Chemical Engineering/Material Science Technology Center, Mechanical Engineering/Transportation and Electronic Commerce Technology Center, and Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Products and Designs Technology Center." Should I apply to both or will multiple applications just end up at the same person. I think I would actually prefer the second category because it has to deal with macrobiology (maybe surgical related patents?) rather than microbiology... what does anyone think?
IP Logged
freshexaminer

« Reply #918 on: Apr 6th, 2007, 1:07pm »

From my impression, things seem to be VERY sub-divided at the PTO.  I would apply to both positions if I were you.
IP Logged
guest409
« Reply #919 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 5:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Mar 31st, 2007, 12:11am, BLDYWOG wrote:
Don't kid yourself into a false sense of security. Check your offer letter, you are career conditional for the first year. That means, you are on a one year probation! They do not want to retain anyone who does not make the numbers. I came in as GS11 and had some personal issues. They were getting ready to get rid of me at the end of year. Fortunetely, I transfered to another non examining dept. in PTO. This was back in 1991, things may have changed now. Good Luck!!!

Could you tell me how you went about transferring to other departments in the PTO?  Are you still with PTO?  If so, how do you like working at your department?  I've been an examiner for a year now and its not really what I want to do.  I was a programmer before so I am thinking about transferring to their tech department or others.  Thanks for your help  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »