The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 11th, 2019, 10:10am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 353789 times)
Examiner Wannabe
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #90 on: May 17th, 2005, 12:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Great thread! Thank you very much to everybody who contributed.

What are the hot areas at the PTO?  

Do they still give recruitment bonuses for Electrical/Computer Engineers and Computer Scientists?

Why do they ask in JARS if you are a registered patent agent?  Does that help you get the job?

What is considered a lot of experience to them?  How do they test your communication skills in the interview setting?  What are some typical interview questions? Or do they just ask the standard generic interview questions, like "why do you want to work here?", "what are your weaknesses?” etc.?

When they say casual dress code, do they mean business casual? Or do they mean actual casual?  Can you come in wearing shorts and flip-flops? t-shirt and jeans?
IP Logged
chuckie_cheese

Email

« Reply #91 on: May 17th, 2005, 3:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was wondering if those of you currently working as examiners put in a standard work day (8 hours) or are you putting in a lot of overtime based on the workload ?  

Also, how does the overtime work ?
IP Logged
PTO Prospect
« Reply #92 on: May 19th, 2005, 10:26am »

I'm getting mixed messages here.

It sounds like it is very competitive to get into the PTO, but everybody says the interview is a cakewalk.  Has anybody interviewed and not gotten the job, or heard of someone who has? Or has somebody tried to get hired, failed and later made it in?

On the one hand, they have a lot of people leave in after a short time, but I've never heard much about why people don't like it.  Has anybody quit the PTO for a reason other than a more lucrative job offer in the private sector?
IP Logged
MujaStar
« Reply #93 on: May 19th, 2005, 1:25pm »

Thank you for your post "someone out there."  I think I might take that approach rather than using JARS.  If you don't mind, can you post a bit of info on your background i.e. education/work experience?  Thank you.
IP Logged
« Reply #94 on: May 19th, 2005, 4:07pm »

on May 19th, 2005, 1:25pm, MujaStar wrote:
Thank you for your post "someone out there."  I think I might take that approach rather than using JARS.  If you don't mind, can you post a bit of info on your background i.e. education/work experience?  Thank you.

You'll probably have to submit your paperwork via JARS anyway. I have been told this by many people there.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »