The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 17th, 2019, 7:12am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 346636 times)
Cze
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #520 on: Aug 18th, 2006, 4:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

i recently sent my paperwork to a lady called cathy who works in patent hiring center. she replied me that the HR gonna call me regarding the job offer. i was wondering if i'm pretty much getting hired. does that mean i'm alrleady qualified? from what she said to me, i'm somehow a little bit skeptical about the chances of getting hired. what do you guys think?
IP Logged
daven

« Reply #521 on: Aug 18th, 2006, 6:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Clueless: Welcome to the federal government pay system!  I don't work for the patent office but I am civil service.  Don't let it get to you.

I was able to start at GS-7 instead of GS-5 due to my 3.6 GPA.  The not so funny thing is the guys with 2.5 averages who starged at GS-5 ended up making it to GS-12 approx the same time I did, because they make people like myself wait longer after being eligible for 12.  I really doubt that would be the case at the patent office since (I believe) their working level is 13.

If you let it bother you.. your attitude will drop and the next thing you know you're just another cynical unmotivated federal employee.Sad  God knows we have enough hard core do-nothings in the federal government that really can't be fired.  That's why they're trying to switch over to nsps.
IP Logged
« Reply #522 on: Aug 19th, 2006, 10:12pm »

Hello,

I left the PTO a year ago, and have been considering returning to the job.  The high cost of housing was the primary reason I left, but I hear the PTO is considering setting up satellite offices.  Is there any word on when to expect these offices up and running?  I looked at the cost & quality of houses that are available in Fredericksburg and it still looks more expensive than I could afford as GS-9/Step 10.  I understand Hotelling is up and running, but it would probably take at least 2 years to reach the GS-12 pay grade.  So what is the housing situation in the commuting area? (commuting area:  anything within a two hour drive/ride)
IP Logged
« Reply #523 on: Aug 20th, 2006, 8:51am »

ok, i need someone that is knowledgeable about the traffic in this area to answer this question for me.

if i wanted to get to the PTO around 7-7:15, and im driving from the fair oaks mall area, how long would it take me to get there.... is this early enough that i avoid the rush hour traffic?
IP Logged
« Reply #524 on: Aug 20th, 2006, 8:56am »

sorry, left out one important detail... without traffic, the drive is usually around 25 mins.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »