The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 20th, 2019, 9:07am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 348157 times)
Isaac

Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #495 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 7:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 11th, 2006, 6:08pm, a bee wrote:
Do be a strong candidate in JARS, what do you normally need as far as scores go?  3,4, or 5s and how many?

Given the fact that the PTO hires large numbers of candidates who are straight out of college and have essentially no relevant work experience, I'm not sure this question is all that meaningful.
IP Logged

Isaac
a bee
« Reply #496 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 9:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

That makes sense.  Then me ask this, if you apply for one area, lets say hydraulic systems and then u get an opportunity in another area, do you have to redo JARS or do they just use your existing application?
IP Logged
« Reply #497 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 10:25am »

on Aug 12th, 2006, 9:49am, a bee wrote:
That makes sense.  Then me ask this, if you apply for one area, lets say hydraulic systems and then u get an opportunity in another area, do you have to redo JARS or do they just use your existing application?

I think that your JARS application stays active for a period of time and you don't have to redo it. Not positive, but this is a question HR could help you with.

In relation to Isaac's response to your last question, i think that if you answer the questions truthfully, and in the context of you having a UG in a science field, you should be a good candidate. You might not have a lot of 5's (or maybe none), but in certain areas they just need lots of people. Personally i came with lots of work experience and degrees (UG and G) that could be used in a few different areas and they asked me where i would like to work (my contact offered to pass my resume/transcripts on to different areas where there was a high demand). Its really a equation of the supply and the demand within the different TCs.

Good luck.
IP Logged
daven

« Reply #498 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 6:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Who do you list for the three references required by JARS?  I wouldn't want to list one, let alone three people from my current employer.  I don't want them to know I'm applying elsewhere. Tongue
IP Logged
« Reply #499 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 9:03am »

They won't contact your references until after you interview and you give them permission to contact them.  At that time you will have the opportunity to change the references if you would like to.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »