The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 27th, 2019, 1:44am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Becoming a Patent Agent/Lawyer
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Working for the USPTO
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 343165 times)
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #485 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 5:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 8th, 2006, 4:23pm, Jonathan wrote:

Supervisory Patent Examiner - basically the immediate manager of a group of patent examiners.

Actually its Supervisory Primary Examiner. They are promoted from the pool of Primary Examiners, and once promoted they are no longer members of the POPA bargaining unit and have crossed over to the dark side... they are <gulp> managers.
IP Logged
Jonathan

« Reply #486 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 5:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

More actually, both terms are used in the MPEP. S. Patent E. seems to be used more often based on a search of both terms.

This is all semantics, though. Both refer to the same type of immediate manager of a group of examiners.

Is S. Primary E. more commonly used in day to day interaction at the PTO?
IP Logged
SeanUMD

Email

« Reply #487 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 6:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for defining SPE for me.  How do I go about making sure my resume gets in an SPE's hands and not HR?

what do you mean by POPA bargaining unit?  Is this sort analogous to a so called union of primary examiners so to speak?
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2006, 6:59pm by SeanUMD » IP Logged
« Reply #488 on: Aug 9th, 2006, 12:24am »

holy moly how are you supposed to afford the ****n@carlyle on an entry level examiner's salary!Huh!

does anyone know ppl that live there? what do they think?
IP Logged
« Reply #489 on: Aug 9th, 2006, 10:47am »

on Aug 8th, 2006, 5:50pm, Jonathan wrote:

More actually, both terms are used in the MPEP. S. Patent E. seems to be used more often based on a search of both terms.

This is all semantics, though. Both refer to the same type of immediate manager of a group of examiners.

Is S. Primary E. more commonly used in day to day interaction at the PTO?

Everybody just calls them SPE (think one word, like SPEE!), but i just think that 'Primary' rather than 'Patent' is more accurate. Neither is incorrect.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104  ...  252 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »